Wednesday, August 25, 2010

You so fem

Well I'm on a roll! and also I just saw that I misspelled bladder in my post yesterday so forgive me
A thought just came to my mind as I was browsing some of the blogs I subscribe to and something caught me and it's actually something I've kind of noticed for a little while now.
Heels. The fem ideal.
Now nothings against heels or the 'fem ideal" (hey hey rhyme! yes I'm a dork)
But it's something that's kind of been drawing my eyes is in basically all ads girls are wearing heels. I like heels, I love wearing them from special occasions but honestly they are not by any means realistic to my life. Are they realistic to anybody's life other than like the office woman or the glamorous women?
But yet it seems to be truly "fem" and dare I say even beautiful the girls are to be wearing heels.
Why I'm blabbing about this I'm not sure, it just caught my eye.
I mean yes when I think of the "ultimate beauty" version of myself I'm wearing heels. But by the same token it's almost demeaning in a sense because what about the rest of the time? Heels aren't good for your body.
It's funny I have tons of heels but barely any cute flat shoes, I'm usually wearing wearing flip flops or my toms shoes 98% of the time
Anyways just a little curiosity I thought I'd point out

No comments: