Monday, September 13, 2010

moisty shmoisty

Yeaaaah I bet that's not even a word!
I just didn't wanna use the zoolander line about how moisture is the essence of beauty.
Anyways
Now for a little makeup review, or rather moisturizer review.
Now whether it's because I don't care enough or what I'm generally not the best at makeup (although to say I'm slathering on blue eyeshadow and bright pink lipstick) it's just I have the very bare basics down but otherwise, I count on the knowledge of my friends or the beauty world.
Well apparently part of good skin care is using moisturizer. I always was like naaah, I got oily-ish skin, that's just gonna make it worse.
Well after reading a post over at http://www.bachmanssparrow.com/blog/ I was convinced I should look into moisturizer.
But oy! I don't wanna spend the money or the research about something I know nothing about!
Cut to a late night shopping trip at CVS pharmacy (I actually needed some toiletries) I randomly spotted Alba moisturizer. Something prompted me to buy it. It had natural ingredients, and was oil-free which I read s the key for oily skin types.
I have been using it for the past few days and I absolutely love it! It has a light "hawaiian" scent, and I do mean light; cuz if it was any stronger I'd chucked the stuff by now, I'm very picky about smells, especially if it's gooing to be on my skin all day.
It literally feels refreshing everytime I put it on! and it's not even advertised as refreshing! haha
And it has kept my face from getting oily and shiny and from those weird dry flakes on my face
So extremely highly recommended and love.
And it's only $12!
Most likely found at your average drugstrore

No comments: