Tuesday, September 28, 2010

How to be a stepford wife

Well...not really haha.
I'm not an obsessive cleaner even though my ancestors are like known for it (we call it dutch cleaning, when it's so far beyond clean, it's like heaven and untouchable, it's a funny inside joke amongst us dutchies, especially the younger generation)
annd I'm far off track as usual
While I generally dislike the act of cleaning but yet like clean stuff, there's something awesome about knowing you conquered a cleaning thing that's generally known as difficult. And I've found lately cleaning to be almost therapeutic, maybe that's why they have ingrates and never do wells do it.
anywho
So I was in a cleaning frenzy and I decided to conquer the bathtub/shower (it's one of those combined ones, a shower within a bathtub) and I had given up hope on ever effectively really truly cleaning the walls of it (don't we all at some point? we just try to keep it manageable)
when behold, I recalled that I had bought some of the clorox spray cleaner with natural ingredients (Clorox has a line of "natural" cleaners that I quite like, with nice smells instead of the weird overly perfumed smells like the other products)
I grabbed it and sprayed it on all the walls and let it soak for a few minutes. Took a sponge and wiped it down and it was CLEEEAN! like beautiful shiny magazine clean! (which with my tub, is hard because the people who lived in the house before never EVER cleaned anything they owned ugh)
Effortless, easy, and beautiful. I was quite happy!

No comments: