Sunday, September 11, 2011

We should strive to be more like....dogs?

Hi! So I went to this lameish pet fair out in san rafael today (san rafel is pretty at least...) to look at all things bay area pet. As I'm walking in the parking lot I see a bumper sticker that says greet every person like it's your dog. I smile and think to myself "that's so cheesy"
But now hours later....
The word unconditional love popped in my mind. And that bumper sticker. And I started wondering why is it people are so free and super friendly around and directly to dogs? I've walked my dog in a downtown area near me and it's actually astounding to me how people will talk to my dog so freely like hi there! and aren't you so cute!? who would otherwise never even make eye contact with me.
Because dogs love people unconditionally. Because dogs don't care who they, what they sound like, what they're wearing, etc. and these people know that.
So that got me started thinking about christians. We need to be like that to people. That's the fastest way people will respond. Is by loving them unconditionally.
Yes the dog-God thing is not lost on me. If anything it's ironic. Because dogs like God, do love conditionally. But God has some major one-upping on these dogs. Because God can actually help these people. Can turn their lives around. Can save them from literally anything. dogs can only go so far.
I can't express how much this is actually impacting me. I hope you can grasp it. Or perhaps its only a personal thing.
Unconditional love. Not caring but just loving on these people. No matter how much they may abuse that, like some dog owners do, we're still there. and when we start to feel the abuse, we have a source to replenish us and is really the One who is loving these people, because we can't on our own

No comments: